If you are over 60 years old you can save one third on your rail journeys with a Senior Railcard. If you are eligible, you can also save one third on fares for you and a companion with a Disabled Persons Railcard.
Further details on railcards can be found at your local train station or at the links below:arrow_forwardSenior Railcard Informationarrow_forwardDisabled Persons Railcard Information
At staffed stations, train company staff will provide assistance for you, including help with boarding and alighting between platforms and train, entering and leaving the station, travelling to and from car park drop-off and pick-up areas.
Staff will also help with luggage assistance when this has been booked in advance.
If you wish to travel to or from a station that is inaccessible to you or one that is unstaffed when you are travelling, train companies can still provide assistance.
To book train travel assistance you only need to contact one train company (if you are travelling using more than one train operator) and they will organise assistance for the entire journey.
You will not have to pay extra if you cannot buy your ticket before getting on the train due to your disability.
If the train you want to travel on is cancelled or delayed train companies will do everything possible to get you to the station you wanted to get to. If you can’t access a rail replacement bus, the train company will provide an accessible alternative, such as a free taxi to the station you wanted to go to.
You can book assistance directly with Scotrail using the following options
- By visiting any staffed station on Scotrail’s network
- Online using the Assisted Travel booking form (see link below)
- Using the Assisted Travel Helpline: 0800 912 2901
- Using Assisted Travel Textphone: 18001 0800 912 2 901
You can also book assistance using the following options
- Online via the Disabled Person’s Railcard website (see link below)
- Using the National Freephone Passenger Assist Number: 0800 022 3720
- Using the National Freephone Passenger Assist Textphone/minicom: 0845 60 50 600