The barriers to access support for someone living with dementia increase if that person also has hearing loss and uses British Sign Language. The British Deaf Association (BDA) has undertaken a significant amount of dementia-specific work, including the production of “The Deaf Dementia Experience in Scotland … A Toolkit for All”.
Below are links to the PDF version of the toolkit – for printing – and the main web page where you will find signed videos for all sections of the publication.
For people seeking medical support and information during the COVID-19 outbreak, NHS 111 has a BSL service, signed guidance is available from NHS Inform and Sign Health while daily updates from the Prime Minister will now include the provision of an interpreter on BBC channel 107 or channel 231.
- check_circle_outlineNHS 111 BSL Service
- check_circle_outlineNHS COVID-19 Video Guidance BSL
- check_circle_outlineThe Deaf Dementia Experience in Scotland ... A Toolkit for All
- check_circle_outlineThe Deaf Dementia Experience in Scotland ... A Toolkit for All (PDF)
- check_circle_outlineSign Health - signed COVID-19 guidance